June 7, 2022 11.17 am

Serial offender pleads guilty to assaulting emergency worker in Lincoln

His sixth criminal conviction in two years

A 52-year-old man has pleaded guilty to assaulting an emergency worker in Lincoln – his sixth conviction for the offence in two years.

The latest matter was committed hours after he had been released from prison for a previous offence.

Richard Glenn appeared before magistrates in Boston on Tuesday, June 7, via video link from prison.

Prosecutor Paul Wood said police were called to a report of somebody banging on doors and windows on February 28.

Officers found Glenn asleep and under the influence of alcohol in Portland Street, Lincoln.

“As the defendant stood behind PC Swaby, he kicked him in the back of the leg, behind the knee,” said Mr Wood, who described Glenn’s record with the same offence as “quite remarkable”.

The court was told Glenn, of no fixed address, had been jailed for six weeks in February. That followed custodial sentences in January 2021 (26 weeks), November 2020 (16 weeks), August 2020 (16 weeks) and June 2020 (ten weeks).

Solicitor Judith Brennan, mitigating, said of the latest offence: “This happened on the evening of the morning he was released from a previous sentence.”

She added that concerns over whether he was fit to plead had been allayed by a mental health report.

Glenn will be sentenced at Lincoln Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, June 8.