Employer Total Lincoln Limited
Contract Flexible Hours
Job Type Permanent
We are recruiting for this position to replace our current Staff Member who is retiring. We offer Bookkeeping & Payroll services to our clients and the former aspect is likely to increase under the new Making Tax Digital initiative with HMRC. You will be an experienced Bookkeeper & Payroll Administrator, focused on timely and accurate client service. You may hold professional qualifications, but experience is more important to me.
Being flexible to the ever-changing technology available to maximise efficiencies in processing, you will be eager to find the best solution to our clients’ bookkeeping needs. You will be inquisitive and want to discuss matters with clients to resolve the issues.
In return we offer you a flexible working package and being part of a great team. Our vision is that you will become our clients’ trusted advisor; helping them to take away the Bookkeeping & payroll burden – whilst being in a local place to work.
- Carry out all bookkeeping and data processing using, predominantly Sage Accounting software on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- This will include 1) Maintain purchase ledger, sales ledger, nominal ledger, fixed asset register (where relevant), 2) Carry out monthly reconciliation of all control accounts
- Prepare and submit VAT returns in advance of deadline
- Assist in preparation of management accounts
- Manage portfolio to ensure work completed to clients’ timetable expectations and HMRC deadlines
- Appropriate use of IT and applications which are suited to individual client needs
- Calculation of Payroll using Sage with a ability to manage their Workplace Pensions through NEST.
Skills and Qualities required
- An experience bookkeeper of a number of years’ experience. Ideally in a role where you have been responsible for several businesses’ bookkeeping
- Experience of Sage 50 & Sage Business Cloud is essential
- Proficient and confident with IT, and an ability to use associated software such as Excel, Xero, QuickBooks, and automated processing programmes such as Receipt Bank
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Clean driving licence with access to a car for business use as some work may be at client premises
Qualifications – More importantly for us you will be “qualified by experience”
- Motivated and committed to provide an excellent service to both clients and colleagues
- Enthusiastic and desire to succeed
- A strong team-player, however able to work to own timetable and workload
- Excellent organisational skills – a “finisher”
Working Conditions & Package
- 20 hours per week
- Flexible working hours and an opportunity to work around School hours
- 23 days’ annual leave (FTE) plus Bank holidays