Employer Visual Print and Design
Industry Graphic Design, Printing
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
We have a vacancy for a Business Development Manager based at our Lincoln office. This is an exciting time to join a fast-growing and innovative company where your role will involve maximising sales, profitability and growth, whilst creating and maintaining good relationships with clients.
You will be responsible for generating new business and meeting sales targets that would be set for you by your line manager. As our Business Development Manager, you will achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration by effectively selling the company’s products and services. You will also maintain good relationships with clients to secure repeat business.
- Listen to customer requirements and present exciting ideas to convert orders.
- Developing relationships with customers in person and via telephone calls and emails
- Generating potential business and arranging meetings with prospective clients for new business.
- Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries.
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales.
- Representing the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations (when required)
- Negotiating on price, costs, delivery and specifications with suppliers.
- Advises on forthcoming product developments and discusses special promotions.
- Keeps the Director informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Creates detailed proposal documents for clients in collaboration with our design team.
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations by liaising with the internal estimating team and creating your own quotes where necessary
- Liaise with our marketing team to identify possible leads and opportunities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working in a sales role (within the printing industry is preferred but not essential)
- Fantastic negotiation and closing skills
- Presentation skills
- A confident and determined approach is essential
- Motivated individual with drive and a competitive streak
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- A valid driver’s license