Employer Sir Robert Pattinson Academy
Contract Part Time
Job Type Permanent
Salary £15,807 pro rata (£9.17ph)
We are looking to recruit a highly effective Clerk to Governors to support the Academy Governing Body who will be accountable to the Company Secretary, the Chair of the Academy Board and will be required to work effectively with the Headteacher of the Academy.
Evening meetings will be a requirement of the post and flexible working will be required within the Academy and remotely from home.
The successful candidate would be required to prepare and distribute agenda/minutes, attend meetings of the Governing Body, deal with general correspondence and maintain records of attendance and meetings.
Salary Scale 2 (SCP11) £15,807 pro rata (£9.17 hourly rate).
Required to work 150 hours over 38 weeks, part time, term time only.
KEY TASKS AND STATEMENT OF DUTIES
- To clerk all statutory meetings of the Governing Body, its committees, additional meetings, including committee meetings, as required.
- Take notes at meetings including clerking disciplinary panels for students and staff, and produce minutes. Distribution of minutes and supporting papers of Governors’ meetings and its committees, liaising with the Chair over the minuting of sensitive issues.
- Liaise with Headteacher/Chair of Governors/Company Secretary regarding preparation of agenda ensuring standard items appear on the agenda as appropriate.
- Ensure that appropriate information is issued to all Governors within the time scales laid down.
- Advise upon the conduct of the governor’s meetings in accordance with the Education (School Government) Regulations.
- To undertake all correspondence arising from the decisions taken at both Governor’s meetings. To deal with all correspondence received in consultation with the Chair of Governors and/or the Headteacher of the Academy as appropriate.
- To keep a record of such meetings and correspondence and to follow them up in readiness for a report to subsequent Governors’ meetings, liaising closely with the Chair and Headteacher throughout. Keep a Governors’ attendance record at the Governors meetings.
- To ensure that parental complaints are considered by the Governing Body in accordance with the approved complaints procedure.
- To carry out identity checks for new governors and maintain a register of interests for governors.
- To administer election process (in conjunction with the Company Secretary) for Chair and Vice Chairs, staff and parent governors.
- To undertake such duties as may be determined from time to time within the scope of the post to support the general operation of the Academy.
CREATIVITY AND INNOVATION
- Work generally carried out within procedure, occasional creativity in dealing with routine issues e.g. arranging meetings to deal with issues arising from Governors meetings.
CONTACT AND RELATIONSHIPS
- Regular contact with Headteacher, Company Secretary, Chair and Governors of the Academy providing assistance, information or interpretation on readily understood rules.
- Liaise with LA Governor Support regarding election and appointment and resignation of governors.
- Work carried out within clearly defined procedures.
- Impact on communication although generally these are matters that are easily identified and remedied.
Minimal responsibility – may include computer equipment i.e. a laptop.
- Limited changes in working practices.
- Normal manual dexterity associated with office work.
- Indoor environment
- Day and evening work.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience of taking minutes
- Keyboard skills
- Use of word processing software
- Knowledge of School Governance Regulations
Equal Opportunities: The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the School’s Equal Opportunities policies.
Health and Safety: The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the School Health and Safety policies and procedures.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We operate Enhanced DBS safeguarding procedures.
Application forms can be downloaded on the link below and completed forms can be sent to [email protected]
Further details and application forms also available from –
Sir Robert Pattinson Academy
Moor Lane North Hykeham Lincoln LN6 9AF
T: 01522 882020 E: [email protected]