Employer Nettleham Parish Council
Job Type Permanent
Salary £23,866 - £34,106
Nettleham Parish Council plays an important role in the life of the community and has a vacancy for a committed and enthusiastic Clerk who enjoys responsibility, variety and working as part of a small team.
Salary scale will be in the range NJC26 – 38 ( £23,866 – £34,106) dependent on qualifications and experience, plus enrolment into NEST pension scheme
The role in brief
To be the Proper Officer and Responsible Financial Officer for a traditionally rooted Council and manage assets and responsibilities within the parish.
The role will include
- Carrying out the duties of the Proper Officer for the statutory body which is the Parish Council and will involve being responsible for the Governance and compliance of the Parish Council.
- To act as the Responsible Finance Officer and preparing the finances of the council using custom software (RBS) for which full training will be given.
- Overseeing Burial Authority responsibilities.
- Contact with Councillors, principal authorities, volunteers, residents, contractors and bereaved families (on cemetery business).
- Managing a team of four carrying out administrative functions, asset maintenance and burial duties.
- The role will require attendance at evening meetings and council functions either at The Old School or Mulsanne Park
- Good all round administrative, financial, communication and numeracy skills together with IT skills and knowledge of social media are required along with a willingness to gain CiLCA qualification (if not already held) within one year.
The role is full time at 37 hours a week, however, for the right candidate consideration of the removal of the financial duties for a reduced role (minimum of 30 hours) may be considered.
Interviews will be held on Monday 16 July 2018.
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified or experienced persons.
- Further details can be obtained by contacting the Parish Council by:-
- Email: [email protected]
- Or Telephone 01522 750011
- Or Calling in at the Parish Office, Scothern Road, Nettleham LN2 2TU
- Office hours are Monday to Thursday 9.00am to 12noon