Industry Human Resources
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
Salary £24,000 per annum
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for individuals who are interested in joining us as a Core and Custody Trainer.
This position is full time for 40 hours per week. The post is based at Lincolnshire Police Headquarters, Nettleham. The benefits of working from this location include; free car parking and 24 hours use of a free gym. Occasional weekend work may be required.
In this role you’ll handle the learning and professional development of the organisation’s workforce. Your role will be to equip officers and staff with the necessary knowledge, skills and motivation to carry out work-related tasks.
Primarily focusing on Custody training, you will be responsible for the research, design and delivery of training to officers new to the Custody Sergeant role as well as annual refresher training, ensuring that officers remain compliant with Authorised Professional Practice, Code of Practice and that all the relevant learning outcomes are achieved. The successful candidate will maintain exceptional levels of service delivery to all customers and act in accordance with the G4S Company values statement. The successful candidate will also be required to maintain their occupational competence with the remit of Custody training.
The successful candidate will require a flexible approach to work, supporting the wider Learning and Development team to ensure delivery of the annual training plan.
- Deliver training for the identified training portfolio, ensuring that client needs are achieved and training requirements are responded to appropriately with primary focus on Custody procedures as set out by the College of Policing including PACE, Codes of Practice, Authorised Professional Practice and force policies and procedures.
- Working with the wider Core training team to deliver systems training to police officers and staff.
- Ensure that learners have the required skills to successfully, safely and effectively perform the duties of their roles through effective assessment of participants during the training process.
- Review, design and develop training and development products, based on client needs and any local, regional and/or national guidelines.
- Support internal G4S initiatives around training delivery across the UK to support service delivery.
- Ensure that training products are designed and delivered in accordance with mandatory/ legal requirements – particularly for training within the emergency services.
- Support the development of new ways of training delivery to maximise performance and ensure the business demonstrates a continuous learning culture.
- Prepare and update training materials and documentation as required, and as required under all QA and audit processes within G4S.
- Champion ‘continuous professional development’ by keeping up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to Police and G4S meetings and attending relevant development courses.
- Act in accordance with security, safety and operational instructions at all times to ensure the maintenance of service delivery.
- Willing to work towards a level 4 training qualification if not already held.
The ideal candidate
- Understanding the Organisations Goals & Objectives
- Supporting & Working With Others
- Delivering Objectives
- Acting Professionally
- Dealing with Complexity
- Sharing & Co-operating
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Must hold AET or relevant training qualification as a minimum
- Relevant experience in delivery of Police Officer, Special Constable and PCSO focused courses
- Experience of Custody training and/or police custody procedures
- Experience of working in a fast paced learning environment
- Communicates effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Treats people with respect and dignity at all times
- Full Driving Licence
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- CET qualification
- Assessor and/or internal quality assurance qualification
- Knowledge of the criminal justice sector & experience of operating in a training role in the emergency services sector