Employer Sir Robert Pattinson Academy
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
Sir Robert Pattinson Academy is an 11 – 18 comprehensive school recently judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted due to the education and opportunities provided to pupils enabling them to flourish within a calm and caring environment. The school is situated on an extensive, beautiful site offering purpose built facilities.
What we need:
We are seeking to recruit a Cover Supervisor to support the day to day cover requirements across the Academy during the short term absence of teachers. You will work under the guidance of teaching staff, and within an agreed system of supervision, to cover a wide variety of lessons across all key stages, and implement pre-set work programmes with individuals/groups in or out of the classroom. This includes managing the behaviour of students in line with the Academy’s Behaviour Policy, and promoting a positive learning environment.
When no cover is required, you will be expected to support administration tasks. This post offers an opportunity for those considering a career in teaching to gain valuable experience.
Hours are 37 hours per week, term time only.
Scale 4 (SCP 7-11): £15,069 – £16,311 pro rata
Required: As Soon As Possible
Are you right for the role?
Do you have:
- Minimum of GCSE English and Maths or equivalent qualification
- Good working knowledge of ICT
- High expectations of students to enable motivation and challenge
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task, and be flexible and resourceful
- A positive, ‘can do’ attitude
We can offer you:
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Access to a hot or cold lunchtime meal during term time, plus a breakfast club and coffee shop
- Free on site car parking and secure cycle store
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory health scheme and Employee Assistance programme
- Occupational sick pay
- Comprehensive Covid-19 risk assessment and operating guidelines
Further details and application forms available from:
T: 01522 882020 E: [email protected]
Closing date: 12 noon, Monday 07 December 2020
Interviews: Monday 14 December 2020
Sir Robert Pattinson Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We operate Enhanced DBS and safeguarding procedures.