Employer Caravan Park Electrical Services Ltd
Industry Electrical Contracting
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
Fully qualified Electricians required to undertake installation, test & Inspection and/or remedial works projects within the Leisure (Holiday Park), Marina and Secondary LV distribution sectors of the Electrical Contracting Industry throughout the UK.
We’d like to hear from Electricians who are experienced working in these sectors but also want to hear from those who are looking for a change. Experience working on caravan parks is a distinct advantage but not essential.
Extensive nationwide travel is a prerequisite of these positions.
You will be a highly motivated Electrician who is adaptable and reliable, with the ability to prioritise and work efficiently to deadlines. You will be able communicate effectively in order to deliver the task objectives. You should be confident of working as an autonomous Electrician, as well as being a member of a team and can demonstrate the practical and theoretical standards required of the role.
Electricians must possess practical, productive and electrical engineering skills with adequate technical supervisory knowledge to be able to work on their own proficiently and carry out electrical installation work without immediate supervision in the most efficient and economical manner.
Be able to set out jobs from drawings and specifications and requisition the necessary installation materials.
Be able to accept responsibility for the proper completion of jobs and, if required, supervise other operatives.
You must have a good working knowledge of the of the current IEE. Regulations for Electrical Installations, of the Electricity Supply Regulations, 1988, issued by the Electricity Commissioners so far as they deal with Consumers’ Installations and of any Regulations dealing with Consumers’ Installations which may be issued, relevant British Standards and Codes of Practice, and of the Construction Industry Safety Regulations.
Applicants should be prepared to work away from home and undertake weekend working during busy periods.
All Electricians work with an iPad to log their activity and test sheets. An iPad will be provided, and full training will be given on how to use this effectively and efficiently.
- 17th/18th Edition BS7671
- City & Guilds 2391 or 2394/2395 test and inspection or equivalent (preferred)
- Hold a Full UK Driving licence
- ECS Card Holder (preferred)
- Underground LV Cable Networks
- Commercial Switch panel Installations
- Switch panel modifications and fabrication
- SWA Cable Installation (Up to 300mm2)
- SWA Cable Termination, Copper & Aluminum (Up to 300mm2)
- SWA Cable Jointing
- Cable containment, Trunking and Tray work
- Street Lighting and General External Lighting
- Conduit work, Steel & PVC
- Fault Finding and rectification
- Test & Inspection in accordance with BS7671:2018
- Fully I.T Literate (The use of iPad and MS Surface tablet computers is undertaken)