Employer Bishop Grosseteste University
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
Bishop Grosseteste University is based in the historic uphill area of the city, just a ten-minute walk away from the castle and cathedral and a range of other cultural and historical attractions. BGU has been awarded a Gold Teaching Excellence Framework Award for its teaching and learning and the unique and positive experience we offer our students is well recognised and evidenced through such key achievements. This is an exciting time of expansion and growth for the institution and BGU will be able to provide you with the opportunity to develop your career and contribute to our ongoing success.
Bishop Grosseteste University wishes to appoint a full-time Executive Assistant. The post will provide high-level administrative support to the Vice-Chancellor, whilst providing cover, as appropriate, to other members of the Executive Assistant team. This is a chance for an experienced administrator to work directly with one of the University’s senior leaders, in a varied role offering an insight into the full range of the University’s business.
You will provide personal administrative support as required and ensure that committees, working groups and other meetings are appropriately serviced. You will also undertake cross institutional project work in support of the Executive Assistant’s team function. You will act as the main point of contact for the Vice-Chancellor by liaising with a wide variety of internal and external client groups and also support the work of other senior managers as required. You will lead by example, and develop and implement systems so as to ensure that high standards of service are maintained.
You must have excellent written and oral communication skills. You will be able to exercise discretion and good judgement when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
BGU offers a generous employee benefits package including:
• 25 days holiday for Grades 1-6
• 35 days holiday for Grades 7+
• Plus 3 additional discretionary days annual leave over the Christmas period
• Various pension scheme options including a Local Government Pension Scheme offering up to a 19.5% Employer Contribution, a Teachers Pension scheme offering up to 23.68% Employer Contribution, and also a 10% non-contributory pension for members of staff that do not wish to pay into a scheme.
• A 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme including free online GP services and face to face counselling sessions
• We also offer various free perks and discounted vouchers through Perkbox e.g. a monthly free cinema ticket, a free coffee every week, a Birthday Box delivered straight to your work or home, Free Eyecare Vouchers, a Cycle to Work Scheme, plus many discounts at various high street shops and online brands.
For an informal chat about the role please contact Leanne Chancellor, Senior Executive Assistant on [email protected] or 01522 583921.