Employer Fosse Way Academy
Contract Full Time
Job Type Temporary/Permanent
Salary £19,430 - £21,962 FTE
Fosse Way Academy is a large, popular, busy and successful school with wonderful pupils, a supportive Governing Body and a great team of people working for the benefit of the children. We are seeking to employ a Family Support Worker and Learning Mentor in order to improve outcomes for our pupils.
At Fosse Way we want every child to succeed, no matter what barriers they face. The Family Support Worker and Learning Mentor will work alongside senior leaders and class-based staff to provide children and their families with the help needed to ensure they thrive. Previous experience in a similar role (or someone with a social care or inclusion background) is vital. We will provide a comprehensive transition, with on-going support and training. There is a strong sense of community at Fosse Way and we want someone who puts the needs of children at the forefront of what they do; ensuring that all pupils are happy, safe and ready to learn.
Are you an individual who:
- has a hard working ethos and high expectations of themselves
- is passionate about the achievement of all children enabling them to thrive in all aspects of their life
- is committed to your own professional development and seeks a new challenge
- is a strong team player who enjoys collaboration with colleagues
- has experience of working with children, families and other stakeholders in the local community
- builds and maintains positive and supportive relationships with children, staff, parents and other outside agencies
- is dedicated to ensuring the overall safeguarding and well-being of all children
What can we offer?
- Fantastic children and families who need champions to unlock their potential.
- A supportive, hardworking, dedicated and fun team.
- Passion, commitment, energy, enthusiasm and encouragement.
- Effective systems and supportive leadership.
FTE Salary (£19,430 – £21,962)
39 weeks per year – Term Time
Pro Rata £16,916 – £19,120 approx
A visit to the school is highly recommended. For an informal discussion please contact Robert Cowling, the Head Teacher, on 01522 682020.
For an application form please contact the school office on 01522 682020 or email [email protected]
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 21st November with interviews being held on week beginning 26th November.
It is strongly recommended that prospective applicants come and visit the school. Please ring to arrange a suitable date and time.
Fosse Way Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.