Employer City of Lincoln Council
Industry Housing and Regeneration
Contract Part Time
Job Type Permanent
Salary £24,048 - £25,665
This is a part time role of 22 hours per week.
Some of the main duties and responsibilities include:
- To participate fully in the activities of the Housing Business Support Team in shaping the direction of the Council’s landlord role and to lead and participate in service level projects as directed.
- To stand in for the Housing Business Support Manager on all matters relating to Leasehold Management.
- To take the lead role in the management of leaseholders, developing and reviewing service charges and consultation and information strategies ensuring the prompt serving of Annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with the Landlord and Tenant Act.
- Provide appropriate analysis, input advice and support on the impact and implementation of new legislation.
- Annually balance the housing stock profile between the primary IT systems.
- Assist in the review of rent levels and property valuation of the housing stock as required to keep pace with the Social Rent Reform review and HRA Business Plan financial forecasts.
- Ensure that Right to Buy applications are being processed in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Lead on the consultation requirements as they relate to leasehold management in particular with regard to the requirements for planned maintenance and collection of income due.
- Develop procedures for the introduction of legislation as it affects home ownership with regard to Homebuy and other Government initiatives.
- Review the Housing Revenue Rent Profiles in accordance with the Social Rent reforms.
- Manage Leaseholder charges, consultation and information.
- Provide financial support and advice to all business units to ensure that the housing service utilises its resources.
- Supervise the Finance and Leasehold Team in the management of leaseholders, Right to Buy applications and rent accounting.
- Review of rent levels and property valuation of the housing stock as required to keep pace with the Social Rent Reform review and HRA Business.