Employer SCS Technology Solutions
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
Salary £20,000 - £24,000
SCS Technology Solutions was established in 1995, and has become a preferred partner for IT support and IT consultancy to many top-performing organisations across Lincolnshire. We are looking to recruit an IT Professional with a good level of IT experience to deliver remote and onsite support services to our customer base.
You will provide onsite technical support to customers, and where required, telephone and remote support as necessary.
You will have excellent first and second line IT skills and be able to deliver high standards of service along with efficient and timely verbal and written communications. You will also have a high regard for confidentiality and be able to undertake recurring IT tasks on a regular basis, reporting outcomes as appropriate to the Technical Manager.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Supporting Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft office products.
- General IT administration, including changes to Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365.
- Administration of devices such as hardware firewalls, NAS devices and managed switches.
- Installation of software & operating system patches.
- Accurately and diligently check client backup applications for failures, log and escalate.
- Monitoring of customers networks including triage and escalation.
- Assist users with remote access and general troubleshooting.
- Onsite repair and installation of hardware.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Strong IT proficiency – 1st and 2nd line support.
- Good IT troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of fault severity and impact, assigning priority and logging information.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products.
- Good understanding of license compliance and anti-piracy measures.
- Good understanding of IT security.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Exchange server and how to configure, patch and maintain.
- Strong knowledge of Firewalls (specifically WatchGuard) and routers.
- Knowledge of TCP IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Microsoft Hyper-V knowledge.
- Understanding of SSL & IPSEC VPNs.
- Ability to deploy & manage AV (specifically Symantec & ESET).
- High level of attention to detail.
- Good organisation and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload and use initiative.
- Able to build and maintain working relationships internally and externally.
- Strong team player.
- Full driving licence.
- Salary £20,000 – £24,000 depending on experience
- Annual Bonus
- Fully funded training where relevant
- Vehicle provided for both work and personal use