Employer SCIS UK Limited
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
SCIS UK Limited are a well-established IT maintenance and installation company and due to increased demand for our services we are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join our team offering on-site and remote assistance to our valued customers.
We are one of the leading IT support companies in Lincoln and we specialise in providing tailored communication and information technology solutions to help our customers achieve their business objectives. Our dedication to customers and commitment to on-going technical training enables us to provide an unrivalled, personal level of service.
A vacancy has arisen within our organisation for an IT Support Technician, working 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. A company vehicle is available for use within work hours. Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience, however applicants must have at least 2 years experience in a similar role and be willing to participate in a DBS check and security clearance if required.
- Answering telephone support calls.
- Accurately record, update and document requests using our internal helpdesk system.
- Install and configure new IT equipment both within our workshop and at customer’s premises.
- Provide technical assistance with our hosted telephony and traditional PBX telephone systems (training can be provided).
- Provide support and assistance to clients on our web hosting platform, to also include domain names and SSL certificates.
- Resolve support incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware.
- Resolve incidents with workgroup printers, copiers and scanners.
- Maintain a first-class level of customer service ensuring that all customers are treated efficiently and in an appropriate manner.
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel.
- To be a highly motivated team player with the skills and ability to manage changing priorities.
- Be willing to attend internal and external training as necessary to keep up to date with the latest technology and internal system processes.
- Be able to work using own initiative as well as a team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge and problem-solving strategies.
- Have high quality inter-personal skills.
- Keep abreast of new developments within the industry.
- A full, clean driving licence.
- Good knowledge of all Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems.
- Good knowledge of networking technologies including routing, firewalls and wireless appliances.
- An understanding and knowledge of domain names and Linux/Windows based website hosting server’s.
- An understanding and knowledge of telephone systems and structured cabling installation desirable.
- At least 2 years’ experience working within a similar role.
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd June 2018