Employer Streets Chartered Accountants
Industry Accountancy, Marketing
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
Streets is a leading firm of Chartered Accountants and Tax Advisers and is ranked in the UK top 40 accountancy practices. Founded in Lincoln in 1907, Streets has grown over the years to become a multi regional firm with 12 offices across the East Midlands, East of England, East and South Yorkshire, South East and London.
With 33 Partners / Directors and over 150 staff, Streets looks after the needs of a diverse range of clients including owner-managed and family businesses, corporate entities, professionals, public and third sector organisation and high net worth individuals.
The role of the firm’s marketing is to fulfil the needs of existing clients as well as the growth and development of new clients and building relationships with introducers and other intermediaries. The firm prides itself on its proactive and innovative marketing approach and being at the forefront of professional services marketing.
The role is to support the work of the marketing team, led by the firm’s Marketing Partner, along with the firm’s Marketing Manager.
Job Description & Person Specification
Purpose of the Role
To plan and carry out marketing activities, in line with the marketing plan, so as to support the growth of the business, retain and develop the firm’s client base and enhance our relationship with intermediaries and potential clients. Sustaining communication internally across the firm’s offices is integral in delivering a holistic approach to the firm’s key messages.
- Event Management – key involvement in implementing the firm’s events which range from presentations and seminars to trade shows and exhibitions. Includes booking venues, invitation mail outs, managing the booking process, meeting and greeting on the day and collating feedback
- To support the firm’s presence at networking events and exhibitions
- Print and merchandise management – placing orders for corporate stationery and branded products. This includes liaising with printers and other suppliers to produce the firm’s essential materials.
- Proof reading and editing a range of media including newsletters, mail shots, PR articles and all printed material
- Maintain a range of databases for marketing use, including Excel and Practice Engine
- Web Content Management; working with the Marketing Manager in maintaining and updating the Street’s main and micro websites and development of the firms’ micro sites for additional arms of the business
- Working with the Marketing Manager to implement the firm’s e-marketing plan via monthly e-newsletters and targeted email based marketing
- Implementation of the firm’s twitter plan to raise the profile of the firm and communicate the services offered to professionals and prospective clients
- Dealing with new business enquires over the phone signposting to the relevant person and tracking all enquiries
- Management of the firm’s extensive press cuttings collection, collating and displaying all articles within every office; this includes the reporting of media coverage on a monthly basis
- Assisting with the preparation of tender bids
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for Partners and staff in support of marketing activities and events
- Acting as a point of contact for marketing materials and merchandise for all offices
- Maintaining an inventory of marketing materials, including promotional literature and merchandising and ensuring all offices are appropriately resourced.
- Provide general administrative support to the Marketing Partner and Marketing Manager
Skills, qualifications and other requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good copy writing and excellent proof reading skills including the ability to re-work technical text for a broader audience
- Proficient and conversant in the use of social media
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- An understanding of the principles of marketing and digital marketing
- Ability to work well as part of a team, yet also able to use own initiative when required.
- Has previous Marketing experience or is looking to develop a career in Marketing