Industry Admin, Finance, Investment
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
We offer a challenging and rewarding Paraplanner role with a forward thinking and service-based IFA in the city of Lincoln.
Thompson & Richardson have been looking after client needs for over 30 years. We are passionate about offering our clients a personal service, and equally passionate about the development of our own team. We have been recognised nationally by New Model Adviser, having won their Top 100 Adviser award for the last 3 years. A brand-new position has now arisen to support our advisory team to deliver a top-level service to our ever-growing client bank which will secure our future growth and continued success.
About the role
You will have close liaison with our Directors, Financial Planners and clients to understand their needs, undertake research, devise solutions as well as draft effective reports and conclusions to ensure positive client outcomes. The role requires high levels of written and verbal communication, compliance understanding, analytical thinking and the ability to maintain working relationships.
Specifically, this includes:
- Responsibility for creating and delivering high quality compliant advice.
- Highlighting and improving processes, managing workflow, ensuring best practice.
- Where appropriate, attending client meetings and interacting with clients.
- Delivering reports and advice to agreed deadlines.
- Working with our office-based team in Lincoln.
Are you our ideal candidate?
Knowledge and experience
- Certificate in Paraplanning or Diploma in Financial Planning or Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning, with membership maintained and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements met.
- Recent and relevant paraplanning experience within a private client financial planning, financial advisory or wealth management environment.
- Comprehensive and complete knowledge of compliance requirements and internal procedures.
- Avid team worker, but can work on own initiative.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to be able to work to deadlines, and prioritise effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Capable of producing detailed and accurate client reports.
- Confident in using different IT systems.
Whilst the ideal candidate will already be qualified, we would also invite applications from part qualified individuals looking to move into the role of paraplanner.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with support and training for personal development. There may be opportunities for progression determined by your career path.
Please send your current CV and cover letter via The Lincolnite. All applications will be acknowledged.
Thompson & Richardson are an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for applications is 23rd November 2018