Employer Probate & Trustees Services Limited
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
An exciting opportunity for a Law Graduate with a keen interest in private client and succession law to join an established local firm with an excellent reputation. Currently experiencing a period of growth, you will be joining a private client team working on probate and estate administration.
As an ambitious, driven and determined individual, you will possess a keen interest in probate, wills, trusts and tax. You will display an excellent academic record, with strong technical knowledge of the relevant areas of the law. The role requires a flexible attitude and the ability to work effectively within a team and in pressurised situations. Ultimately you will be driven to provide an excellent client service, offering clear and practical advice across all aspects of private client work.
Specific knowledge in succession law, equity and trusts is essential. Knowledge of Land Law is also desirable. Training will be provided to the successful candidate to apply their knowledge in a practical setting.
The candidate will need to maintain a good balance between autonomous working and working alongside senior fee earners and administration staff.
Based in Lincoln we work closely with industry professionals, including the Society of Will Writers to offer probate and estate administration services to their clients. We are renowned for providing excellent levels of service to bereaved families and professionals and are committed in our client focused approach.
The successful candidate will work in our probate team and will be expected to build up and manage their own case load and to also provide assistance and support to other members of the team where required.
The main aspects of this role that the candidate will be expected to undertake are as follows:
– Liaising with bereaved clients and professional introducers
– Effective communication with financial institutions and government
– Preparation of probate applications including inheritance tax accounts
– Arranging payment of tax liabilities, debts and other expenses as well
distribution of inheritance to beneficiaries
– Preparation of estate accounts
– Drafting of Trust documents and Land Registry forms
– Assisting with and responding to technical queries as knowledge and experience develops
Key requirements for this role as follows:
– Knowledge of the relevant areas of law, including construction of Wills, Trusts and current
succession rules as well as the administration of estates.
– A willingness to learn and develop knowledge on the current Inheritance Tax rules and allowances with a view to being able to apply this knowledge to practical scenarios
– An ability to work independently
– Excellent communication skills on different levels, i.e. being able to correspond
effectively with both bereaved clients and professional partners
– Good organisation skills as well as a methodical and thorough approach to
handling and processing large volumes of information and paperwork
– Must be adaptable, have a good initiative to be able to identify potential
issues and engage with the team to resolve them
– A strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a close-knit team
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent