Employer SWW Trust Corporation
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
An exciting opportunity for a Probate Practitioner with strong Private Client experience at an established nationwide firm with an excellent reputation. Currently experiencing a period of growth, you will be joining a private client team working on a national basis.
As an ambitious, driven and determined Probate Practitioner, you will possess a keen interest in probate, wills, trusts and tax, .You will display an excellent academic record, with strong technical knowledge of the relevant areas of the law.
The role requires a flexible attitude and the ability to work effectively within a team and in pressurised situations. Ultimately you will be driven to provide an excellent client service, offering clear and practical advice across all aspects of private client work.
Specific experience in probate, administration of estates and Trusts is preferred.
The candidate will need to maintain a good balance between autonomous working and working alongside senior fee earners.
Based in Lincoln we work closely on a nationwide basis with the Society of Will Writers members and other industry professionals. We are renowned for providing excellent levels of service to bereaved families and professionals and are committed in our client focused approach.
The successful candidate will work in our probate team and will be expected to assist case managers with the day to day running of multiple probate cases and assist where required with technical enquiries.
The main aspects of this role that the candidate will be expected to undertake are as follows:
- Liaising with bereaved clients and professional introducers
- Effective communication with financial institutions and government
- Assistance in preparation of probate applications including inheritance tax accounts
- Assisting payment of tax liabilities, debts and other expenses as well
distribution of inheritance to beneficiaries
- Preparation of estate accounts
- Drafting of Trust documents and Land Registry forms
- Assisting with and responding to technical queries
Key requirements for this role as follows:
- An in-depth knowledge of the construction of Wills, Trusts and current
succession rules as well as the administration of estates
- A good understanding of the current Inheritance Tax rules and allowances and
be able to apply this knowledge to practical scenarios
- An ability to work independently
- A clear understanding of current AML, Data Protection and GDPR regulations
- Excellent communication skills on different levels, i.e. being able to correspond
effectively with both bereaved clients and professional partners
- Good organisation skills as well as a methodical and thorough approach to
handling and processing large volumes of information and paperwork
- Must be adaptable and have a good initiative to be able to identify potential
issues and assist where necessary
- A strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a close-knit team