Employer Clayton’s Carpets & Furniture
Industry Retail, Sales
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
Are you a Sales Professional looking for a long career with a secure local company?
We have an exciting opportunity for the right person to join us as a valued member of our team in our Carpet Superstore on Tritton Road, Lincoln as a Sales Professional. We find ourselves looking for our newest team member in our very busy carpet dept due to both a valued staff member retiring and an internal promotion.
Claytons Carpets Ltd is Lincoln’s largest Carpet & Furniture Superstore, we carry over 650 rolls of carpet in stock and we are a Lincoln family business. It is rare that job openings come up within our company, as our staff stay with us, and this is the first carpet sales job opening for a few years. We are looking forward to welcoming the right person into our close nit team, a person who will feel they belong, succeed and stay with us for the long term.
Required: As soon as possible
Carpet Sales experience is advantageous but not always necessary if you have the drive, desire and motivation to succeed. If you have experience and successes in a similar sales role, we would like to hear from you.
You should have confidence in dealing with a variety of people and you should be commercially minded, numerate, energetic, with a hands on approach to aid the efficient running of our carpet sales function, from actually gaining the sale, right through to completion and beyond such as aftersales customer service, it is a varied role. You should possess the enthusiasm to immerse yourself in the variety of tasks that being part of a small local business entails. Flexibility and all round ‘can do’ attitude are key if you want to fit in at Clayton’s, and you should genuinely enjoy booking sales and helping customers transform their home for the better. .
- Position Full Time (Permanent – Subject To Probationary Period)
- You’ll Work 41 hours per week – including weekends
- A Competitive Salary With UNCAPPED Earnings
- This generous UNCAPPED commission package is based upon personal sales, which means you are in control of your own earnings and a department bonus.
- Supplier Incentives –Additional Periodic Supplier Bonuses On Selected Ranges (over & above wages)
- Guaranteed earnings in your first 3 months
- The Position Involves Some Working Weekends & Bank Holidays – These Are By Far Our Busiest Periods
- 28 days paid holiday
- Generous staff discounts for Own Use – Across All Of Our Carpet Sofas & Bed Ranges
- Free Onsite Staff Parking (at £5 per day parking spend, equates to being worth £1300 per year)
- Fantastic Working Environment Working With A Professional, Friendly & Driven Team
- Staff welfare facilities
- Free (optional) inclusion in social events / meals out
- Unlimited supply of fresh tea or coffee
- Start Date As Soon as Possible
- BE A VALUABLE PART OF OUR SMALL FRIENDLY TEAM & NOT JUST A NUMBER
If this all sounds good to you and you would love to join us, then we can’t wait to hear from you….
Further details and an application form are on our website, press the ‘apply for this job’ button