Employer SCS Technology Solutions
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
Salary £24,000 - £28,000
SCS Technology Solutions was established in 1995, and has become a preferred partner for IT support and IT consultancy to many top-performing organisations throughout Lincolnshire and neighbouring counties. We are looking to recruit an IT Professional with a high level of IT experience to deliver installation and support services to our customer base.
The role is based at our office in North Hykeham, there is a requirement to travel to customer sites throughout Lincolnshire and surrounding counties. You will provide technical support to customers via telephone and using remote support technology as necessary. You will also be required to install and configure a variety of IT equipment at our client sites.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Configuration and installation of networked devices including Servers, PC’s, Printers, Routers etc. including administration of devices such as hardware firewalls, NAS, routers and managed switches.
- Supporting and maintaining Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office products.
- General IT administration, including changes to Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365.
- Monitoring of customers networks including triage and escalation.
- Assist users with remote access and general troubleshooting.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant post.
- A Strong IT background, having accomplished many successful and complex Installations and have provided 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support.
- A high regard for security and confidentiality.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office products.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Exchange server and how to configure, patch and maintain.
- Strong knowledge of Firewalls (specifically WatchGuard) and routers.
- Knowledge of TCP IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Understanding of SSL & IPSEC VPNs.
- Ability to deploy & manage AV (specifically Symantec & ESET).
- High level of attention to detail.
- Good organisation and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload and use initiative.
- Able to build and maintain working relationships internally and externally.
- Clear written and verbal communication.
- Strong team player.
- Full driving licence.
- Microsoft Hyper-V knowledge including clustering
- Good understanding of license compliance and anti-piracy measures.
- Microsoft qualifications
- Salary £24,000 – £28,000 depending on experience
- Annual Bonus
- Fully funded training where relevant
- Vehicle provided for both work and personal use