Employer LAGAT College
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen at LAGAT College to support our Apprenticeship learners with immediate start.
This role is either part-time or full-time, permanent position aiming to work with a good progressive company with over 30 year’s experience in the training and education sector.
JOB PURPOSE AND SCOPE
- Assess and train learners on your caseload following the awarding body’s standards and company’s procedures
- Ensure that learners complete on time monitoring progress using e-portfolio
- Ensure the smooth running of the learner programmes
- Maintain the Company’s Quality Assurance processes and procedures at all times including internal verification.
- No out of funding learners on your caseload
CORE WORK AREAS
- Co-ordination of all learners within occupational areas to ensure overall standardisation and delivery methods making sure the dissemination of information is carried out by you.
- Ensure the targets set by your Line Manager for performance and quality objectives are met to the required standards set by the Ofsted, the awarding bodies and our contract providers.
- Assess candidates in the workplace to the national standards in the relevant learning programmes, reviewing progress and recording learners’ skills development progressing them timely.
- Ensure that a realistic and suitable training schedule is prepared for each candidate at the beginning of the programme. (Training Plan)
- Assess candidates’ performance (using diverse evidence, i.e. RPL etc.) against performance criteria/and standards as required by LAGAT/Awarding Bodies.
- Maintain learners’ records and ensure all administration functions related to the post are kept accurate and up to date and meet the audit and MIS requirements.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and ensure all administration functions relating to this are kept accurate and up to date and meet the audit/accounts/contract requirements.
- Attending courses/seminars/meetings as required by your Line Manager and/or the Managing Director.
- Liaise with companies/organisations to maintain an effective communications network.
- Participate in LAGAT’s staff development programme; attend courses as required and meetings as necessary.
- Maintain Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities statements, undertaking whatever training may be required to maintain proficiency.
- Marketing and promoting the services of the company and its facilities.
- Assist in the development of the company and carry out other duties as determined by and agreed with the Managing Director.
- Ensure organisations Quality Assurance policy is maintained for verification and QA standards.
- Standards and getting learners ready for EPA, also to produce a portfolio as well.
- Remote learning, delivering training days to the group once a month via Teams.
- You will also need to generate a new start each month.
Health & Safety
The post holder will take all reasonable care of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely completion of all your learners and their minimum levels of performance. No more than 5% outstanding.
- Ensure proposed starts, visit within 2 weeks of you receiving the file.
- Ensure all learners are ready for IV process and on time.
- Success rates to meet standards set for each subject area.
- Monitoring and review of course files.
- Visits to be uploaded to e-track within 1 week.
- Marking and assessment within 15 working days of submission.
- Attendance and participation at six weekly standardisation meetings.
- Use of e-track and up to date inputting of learner modules/completion/tracking.
* The above KPIs will be monitored and discussed at 1-1 your Line Manager.
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Salary: Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience and is reviews annually, plus a remuneration bonus is in place.