Employer The Energy Cell
Industry Digital Design, E-commerce, Web Development
Contract Full Time
Job Type Permanent
Salary £34,000 to £42,000 (DoE) + Bonus + Benefits
We’ve got a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Web Developer to join one of UK’s premier marketing agencies. You’ll be working from our modern office in the centre of Lincoln.
We’re looking for a skilled web developer with a minimum of 3 years’ experience to join our development team and help lead the way across a range of new and existing projects. You’ll be developing the high calibre websites for some of the UK’s best known household brands.
We provide a dynamic, forward-looking and friendly working environment, coupled with a talented team of developers, designers and marketing analysts. You’ll be working together to deliver the world class online marketing solutions that The Energy Cell are renowned for.
The role will suit an experienced developer, looking for an exciting new challenge. With an opportunity to take a leadership role, we’ll want you to hit the ground running, integrate quickly with our team and take on the technical challenges that the role offers.
- Want to work for a world class marketing agency based in Lincoln?
- Love web development and have a passion for technology
- Have experience leading a development team through technical projects
- Have excellent time management skills
- Have experience completing dev projects as part of a team, both following and defining coding standards.
- Enjoy developing the knowledge and skills of junior team members.
- Excellent working knowledge of PHP/MySQL
- Experience with Java Script and JQuery
- Good front end skills HTML 5, CSS 3
- Git or another version control system
- Ability to adopt and learn new technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organised and self motivated
Not essential – Any of the following skills will benefit your application:
- Experience building e-commerce sites, including integrating with payment providers and integration with stock management systems.
- Experience with CMS platforms: Magento, ExpressionEngine, WordPress or other CMS
- Experience implementing different caching software such as Varnish, Redis & Memcache
- Experience configuring and managing web servers
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2 etc.)
- An understanding of good SEO practices for web applications
Your primary duties:
- Taking ownership of existing projects and managing ongoing web development
- Helping with the technical specification of new websites
- Managing new web development projects
- Ensuring a project deadlines are met
- Liaise and communicate with our clients during project builds
What you’ll get from us:
- A competitive salary – reviewed annually
- An annual performance based bonus
- 20 days holiday entitlement per year plus additional day for each year of service.
- Fun and challenging projects in a variety of sectors
- A comfortable work environment in a modern office
- Fantastic location in Lincoln’s Cultural Quarter
- Access to the latest technology and tools
- Part of a friendly, helpful and dedicated team
- Excellent career prospects
About The Energy Cell
We’re one of the most progressive and innovative agencies in the UK. You’ll be working with an incredibly talented and creative team of colleagues, you’ll have direct influence of the success of our global clients.
This is a brilliant opportunity for an ambitious person to grow their career. The office vibe is fun, fast-paced and hard-working. You’ll have plenty of opportunity to develop your career as the company grows, with the ability to progress in a number of directions.
Salary: £34,000 to £42,000 (DoE) + Bonus + Benefits
Experience: 3 Years Web Development (Minimum)