December 20, 2011 9.36 am This story is over 145 months old

Five taken to hospital after nursing home fire

Dryer fire: Five taken to hospital after fire at city nursing home, caused by fluff in the dryer base.

Five residents from the Cathedral Nursing Home on Nettleham Road in Lincoln were taken to hospital for smoke inhalation after a fire in the building.

Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue were called to the nursing home at around 3.50am on December 20, and six appliances attended.

The fire was in the laundry room, which was severely damaged by fire, along with light smoke damage across the ground floor.

The incident was caused by the fluff in the dryer base catching fire.

Source: Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue