December 14, 2012 2.51 pm This story is over 105 months old

Faulty cable closes Lincoln road

Strange smoke: Police were called to an incident where smoke was seen coming from a drain in Lincoln.

A Lincoln road was closed for a couple of hours while emergency services looked into the cause of smoke coming from a drain gate.

Lincolnshire Police received a call at 12.46pm on December 14 reporting smoke coming from a drain gate on Waterside North.

Emergency services attended and for public safety, the road was closed off between Stamp End to St. Rumbold Street car park.

It was determined that the fault was an underground electrical cable fire.

Western Power attended and located the source of the electrical fire, and made the problem safe.

The road was re-opened at around 2pm.

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.