Firefighters put out a fire caused by a chip pan fire in a Lincoln flat on Tuesday night.
The kitchen fire started in a flat on Beresford Close, off Picton Street in Lincoln just before 8.30pm.
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue crews attended and extinguished the fire with a hose reel and a fan for ventilation.
They said it was caused by fat in chip pan catching fire.
Please think twice before using a chip pan. We attended this incident last night in Lincoln. Thankfully no-one was hurt and we were able to stop it spreading any further. Thermostatically controlled deep fat fryers are much safer and the chips taste just as good! pic.twitter.com/UO2zKyFkbf
— Lincs Fire & Rescue (@LincsFireRescue) June 13, 2018
Nobody was injured but there was damage to the cooker extractor fan and kitchen units.