A PCSO in Lincoln made his way through a flat on fire in the city on Monday, June 3, in order to save a resident.
PCSO Horace Squire (pictured) attended the flat fire on Cannon Street just before 6pm, just before Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue and EMAS arrived.
As he reached the door of the flat, he could hear a man shouting for help. He crawled under the smoke level through two rooms, then managed to drag the occupier out by their ankles.
Moments later, the windows of the flat blew out.
The ambulance service reached the scene, and the man was treated in hospital for smoke inhalation.
Inspector Pat Coates said: “We are extremely proud of Horace’s actions. His bravery prevented the serious injury of a member of the public and is testament to his professionalism and dedication.”