Lincoln’s Winter Paralympics hero Jade Etherington is set to tour the city in an open-top bus on Friday, April 4, and you can now check the route to find the best spots to greet her from.
The 16-mile route has been revealed so that local residents and school children can celebrate the athlete’s return from Sochi and make the most of the opportunity to meet her.
The feat made the visually impaired ski racer the most successful Great British Winter Paralympian in history.
Jade (23), who is currently a trainee teacher in Lincoln, left a legacy on the slopes of Sochi when she bagged three silver medals and one bronze for team GB.
The Lincoln parade will see Jade hop aboard the city sightseeing bus service Tour Lincoln, which will set off from Lincolnshire Sport on Crofton Road at 10.15am.
There will be two opportunities for people to meet Jade when the tour bus stops for 30 minutes at Lincoln Cathedral and Bishop Grosseteste University, as well as plenty of chances to spot her when the bus drives by.
You can follow the #Parade4Jade event on Friday, here live on The Lincolnite, and on our Twitter and Facebook pages.
The Parade for Jade route is:
- Lincolnshire Sport – 10.15am
- Monks Abbey Primary School – 10.17am
- Lincoln College – 10.18am
- Bishop King’s School – 10.23am
- Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue – 10.24am
- St Christopher’s School – 10.24am
- Sainsbury’s – 10.35am
- The Showroom – 10.47am
- St Faith and St Martin School – 10.56am
- Lincolnshire County Council – 11.01am
- City of Lincoln Council – 11.02am
- Lincolnshire Police – 11.03am
- Silver Street – 11.04am
- Usher Art Gallery – 11.09am
- Lincoln Cathedral – 11.15 (30 minute stop)am
- Lincoln Hotel – 11.49am
- Westgate School – 11.51am
- Bailgate – 11.53am
- Eastgate School – 11.57am
- Lincoln Christ’s Hospital School – 11.59am
- Bishop Grosseteste University – 12.05pm (30 minute stop)
- Lincoln Castle Academy/Active Nation – 12.37pm (5 minute stop)
- BBC Lincolnshire – 12.47pm
- Pelham Street/Siemens – 12.53pm
- Brayford Waterfront – 1pm