Lincolnshire Police are investigating an incident in which a white Ford transit van was stolen from an address on Skellingthorpe Road.
The theft occurred on Thursday, June 26 between the hours of 7.30pm and 8.30pm.
The van, with registration LG09WYR, was securely parked up outside house number 479 Skellingthorpe Road, on the Birchwood estate.
Offenders gained entry to the vehicle by unknown means and drove from the scene.
Police enquiries are still on-going and officers are offering a list of tips to prevent further victims. They advise:
- Be vigilant around the area – if neighbours are away, check on their property also.
- Check your property on a regular basis and ensure that any fences are intact or replaced to deter offenders.
- Check any amounts of copper & lead on your property as these are targets for criminals.
Call us if you see anything suspicious:
- Strangers going round the back of your neighbour’s property when they are not in or climbing over a fence.
- The sound of breaking glass.
- Strangers carrying items of property and putting them into a vehicle.
- Remember to write down descriptions of people sat in vehicles including vehicle type, colour and vehicle registration number.
Officers are asking anyone who has information or has seen anyone acting suspiciously around the time of the incident to contact Lincolnshire Police on 101 quoting incident 399 of June 26.