Police are urging Lincoln residents to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity after a recent spate of break-ins in the lower High Street, South Park and St. Catherine’s areas.
Several overnight break-ins have been reported in the area:
- Sometime between around 5pm on Sunday, November 22, and 9am Monday, a garage on South Park was broken into. Tools and food were stolen from within (incident 66 of 23/11/2015)
- A Ford Focus parked on Bargate was targeted and a sat nav stolen (incident 57 of 23/11/2015)
- In the early hours of Monday an attempted break in to vehicles and a garage occurred on Hamilton Road. Offenders were not successful (incident 36 of 23/11/2015)
- An attempt to break in to a property in Boundary Street was also made, again offenders were not successful (incident 32 of 23/11/2015)
- At around 11pm on Sunday, November 22, an individual, thought to be a man, was seen trying car doors on several vehicles parked in Applegarth (incident 450 of 22/11/2015)
- During the times of around 3pm and 4pm on Sunday a garage/outbuilding on Altham Terrace was targeted but no entry was made (incident 284 of 22/11/2015)
- Two people were seen in a garden on Boundary Street around 4pm on Sunday and concerns reported to police (incident 276 of 22/11/2015)
Any possible links between each of the incidents are being considered.
Lincolnshire Police are appealing for anyone who may have seen or heard anything in relation to the incidents, or anyone who has any information that may be relevant to the enquiries.
In particular, if you have seen anyone acting suspiciously in the area, report that to police with a description and any direction of travel.
Police also advised resident to be vigilant and make sure all property is locked securely and safely.
Anyone who has any information that may be relevant to any of the above incidents is asked to contact Lincolnshire Police on the non-emergency number 101 quoting the relevant incident number.