A friend of the Taylor family from Lincoln, who have been devastated by a fire which claimed the life of one of their 17-year-old boys this week, has thanked the hundreds of people who have donated over £8,200 to help get them back on their feet.
As previously reported, the fire at the magic shop on De Wint Avenue on Monday, December 21 destroyed the property after neighbours heard loud explosions.
At this time, the fire is being treated as ‘unexplained’. Officers are continuing investigations and a formal identification of the boy killed is yet to be made.
In the time since the tragic incident, a fundraising page set up to help the family through the difficult time has seen donations sore to over £8,200.
Bekki Henderson, a family friend, set up the page to begin to provide shelter, clothing and necessities.
She said, after visiting the family, they were shocked at the generosity of the people around them, and passed on messages of thanks to those who left donations and tributes.
Becky told The Lincolnite: “We are trying to raise the funds to help go toward costs of rehousing as well as other costs to help make it easier for them at this time.
“We are also advising people, if they don’t want to donate money to the fund, to donate vouchers for food/clothing/furniture etc instead as that would be best way to help them at the moment.
“Anyone wishing to speak with me about donating vouchers should [email protected]
“I really can’t believe how much support it has gathered so far. I saw the Taylors earlier and they really cant say enough how much they appreciate it all.
“It’s really amazing to find out how generous and kind people around us are! I really didn’t expect this much of a reaction.
“We would definitely like also to thank stores including Tesco near Outer Circle and Lincoln Minster Round Table for their amazing support and generous donations as well.
“All of this support from everyone is really going to help the family come back to real life a bit easier. Everyone who knows them really can’t say ‘thank you’ enough.”