Thousands of people are expected to line the streets this evening to show their support for Lincoln City Football Club and its successes in the 2016/17 season.
An open-top tour bus parade has been organised for the team, its staff and supporters from 6.30pm on May 2.
Red and white streams of bunting are already lining the streets in the city centre and banners have been put up above the city’s historic Guildhall.
The three-mile route, which has now been extended and will be a continuous loop around the city, will see the bus of team members and staff set off from Sincil Bank before travelling down lower High Street, onto Wigford Way, along Newland, over the University Bridge, onto Tritton Road and down Dixon Street before heading back onto High Street and towards the football ground.
Free parking will be on offer at council car parks in the city from 4pm, as well as on the South Common and St Marks Shopping Centre.
Details of the city council car parks offering free parking from 4pm on the day of the event can be found online here.
People can also get involved in the action on social media by using #ImpsParade.
The city council has also shared the following event guidelines:
- If you are attending the event, please allow as much time as possible to get into the city
- It is essential that visitors to the event keep on the correct side of any safety barriers, and follow the instructions of both the police and the stewards to ensure this is a safe event
- No roads will be closed for this event, so can all supporters please ensure they remain on the pavements
- The route is a ‘loop’ and the bus will not be stopping
- Although fans can view the event across the whole route, some great areas to view the parade include High Street between Tentercroft Street and Wigford Way; Tritton Road and
- Dixon Street
- Although the parade starts and finishes at South Park Avenue there will be no access to Sincil Bank football stadium
- If you are not attending the event, be aware there is likely to be severe traffic congestion in the city this evening. Please avoid the city centre if at all possible during this event
- If you work in the city but are not intending to stay for the event, please leave at you earliest convenience to avoid getting caught in traffic