Man rushed to hospital after smoking materials cause bin fire in Lincoln

This story is over

A man was taken to hospital following a fire at a Lincoln property late last night.

Lincoln South and Lincoln North fire crews were called to the blaze at around 11.26pm at a property on Gaunt Street.

The fire had started in a waste paper bin. Fire officers say the cause was careless discarded smoking materials.

A man was rescued by crews after suffering light smoke inhalation. He was takes to hospital by ambulance as a precaution.