Stagecoach East Midlands has invested £3 million in new buses and timetables in Lincoln, just in time for the opening of the city’s new multi-million pound bus station on January 28.
Six new double decker buses have been brought onto the InterConnect 100 route, which runs into Lincoln from Gainsborough and Scunthorpe every hour.
This will shortly be followed by ten new single decker buses, which will go into service from the start of February, allocated to inner-city services.
Services will adopt the company’s Simplibus concept with simple route numbers and colour-coded services, which has already been introduced in Grimsby and Hull.
All the new buses have environmentally friendly Euro 6 engines, high-backed e-leather seats and handy USB charging points for use during the journey.
Managing Director for Stagecoach East Midlands, Michelle Hargreaves, said: “This is a huge £3 million investment by Stagecoach in brand new buses for our Simplibus services for Lincoln.
“With buses running up to every 10, 15 and 20 minutes along the busiest routes and great value fares including unlimited bus travel from just £1.45 per day with our online Megarider Xtra there’s never been a better time to try travelling by bus in Lincoln.”
On the morning of Monday, January 29, Stagecoach will be offering free breakfasts to commuter customers in the Transport Hub to celebrate the launch of the Simplibus services.
There will also be free morning coffee and cake for Stagecoach customers travelling after peak time.
A guide to Simplibus numbers:
These services keep the current route numbers:
- Service 1 Lincoln, Waddington Grantham
- Service 2 Lincoln, Washingborough, Branston
- Service 3 Lincoln, Cherry Willingham, Fiskerton
- Service 4 Lincoln, Monks Road, County Hospital
- Service 5 Lincoln, St Giles
- Service 7, 8 Lincoln, Ermine
- Services 13, 14 Lincoln, Brant Road, Waddington
- Services 17, 18 Lincoln North Circulars
The following services have new numbers:
- Service 6 Lincoln, Birchwood via Hartsholme (was 66)
- Service 9 Lincoln, Birchwood via Boultham Moor (was 44)
- Service 10, 11, 12 Lincoln Park & Ride, Welton (were 20, 21, 22)
- Services 15, 16 Lincoln, North Hykeham (were 26, 27)
- Service 19 Lincoln, Skellingthorpe (was 29)
New Lincoln Simplibus Guides are available now from Tentercroft Street Bus Station and online here.