The top 10 streets for parking fines in the county has been revealed after a new figures showed 15,000 parking tickets were issued in Lincolnshire in the last six months.
According to figures from Lincolnshire County Council, between July 2017 and December 2017 some 15,212 parking tickets were issued, with Lincoln having the highest rate over the last six months.
Take a look at the top 10 worst streets for parking fines between July and December 2017:
- Market Place, Boston 573 PCNs
- Broad Street, Stamford 366 PCNs
- Bath Row, Stamford 293 PCNs
- Silver Street, Lincoln 293 PCNs
- Eastgate, Louth 273 PCNs
- Lumley Road, Skegness 269 PCNs
- Grantham Street, Lincoln 228 PCNs
- West Street, Boston 215 PCNs
- Westgate, Grantham 194 PCNs
- Waterside South, Lincoln 192 PCNs
Despite 15,212 tickets being issued, only 14,350 remained active, with a number being challenged and then revoked.
From this, £494,958 was taken, with the money then being used to meet the costs of running the service and any surplus ring-fenced.
In 2017, there was a surplus of £68,000 from PCNs, which is now being used to finance the CCTV pilot project currently taking place at selected schools across the county.