A plant machinery crossing will be installed on Washingborough Road as part of the Lincoln Eastern Bypass project, with five days of road closures set for next month.
Galliford Try will install the crossing with works taking place from 6am on Monday, May 21 to 6pm on Friday, May 25 – during which time there will be a full road closure.
The diversion route for the closure will be via B1190 Washingborough Road, B1188 Lincoln Road, Station Road, Branston Road, Sheepwash Lane, Pitts Road, B1190 Washingborough Road and vice versa.
HGVs will be diverted via Nocton and Potterhanworth during this closure.
Executive member for highways, Councillor Richard Davies, said: “When complete, this plant crossing will serve as the designated crossing point for large pieces of construction machinery working on the bypass in this area.”
The Lincoln Eastern Bypass project is part-funded by a £50 million Central Government capital grant.
Part of the upcoming work on Washingborough Road will include excavating the road to lay cable ducts.
It will also involve replacing tarmac at the crossing with a strong concrete protection slab, which will help prevent the road from breaking up when machinery starts driving over it.
Other upcoming and current closures part of the project:
- Night time two-way signals – Washingborough Road – Saturday, May 12 and Sunday, May 13
- Full road closure – Greetwell Road – Monday, June 4 to Friday, June 8
- Full road closure – Heighington Road – Monday, June 11 to Friday, June 15
- Full road closure – Lincoln Road – 6:30pm on Saturday, June 23 to 6am on Monday, June 25
- Full road closure – Hawthorn Road – Monday, June 25 to Friday, June 29
- Temporary two-way signals – Lincoln Road – Monday, June 18 to Friday, June 22