A Met Office yellow weather warning for ice will be in place in Lincoln overnight on Tuesday.
The warning, which will affect Lincoln and the rest of Lincolnshire, will be in place from 9pm on Tuesday, December 17 until 10am on Wednesday, December 18.
Some icy patches are expected to develop and the Met Office has issued guidance of what to expect during the warning:
- Some injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces
- Probably some icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths
Lincoln weather forecast
In addition, there are currently two flood warnings and three flood alerts in place affecting Lincolnshire, according to the Government’s flood information service.
Flood warnings mean flooding is expected and immediate action is required in the following areas:
- Low Barlings and the Short Ferry Area
- River Witham and associated Fens from Woodhall Spa to Chapel Hill
Flood alerts are also in place, so flooding is possible and people need to be prepared in the following locations:
- Barlings Eau and Duckpool Catchwater
- Lower River Witham
- River Trent from Cromwell Weir to Gainsborough