March 3, 2020 12.44 pm This story is over 44 months old

Self-confessed Lincolnshire monster bit off kitten’s ear

He ‘lost track’ of how many times he punched the cat

A self-confessed monster who bit the ear off a kitten has been jailed and banned from keeping animals indefinitely.

Aaron James Williamson, 20, was jailed for 12 weeks at Grimsby Magistrates’ Court after admitting attacking a kitten called Litten.

He was caught out when a witness contacted the RSPCA and said that Williamson was abusing animals at his home.

In a police interview, he called himself a monster and admitted repeatedly biting Litten’s ear and losing track of the times he punched it.

The district judge described his daily abuse of small, defenceless animals who were unable to harm him and were at his mercy as sickening.

Litten when he was treated at the vets.

RSPCA inspector Kate Burris said: “Williamson tortured this kitten. He said he did it when he was angry.

“The judge said that Williamson had called himself a monster in an interview, and that was accurate as to how he behaved.”

The RSPCA was called on September 11 and removed three kittens – including Litten – were from Williamson’s address for rehoming.

Litten – who has now been renamed Oreo – was adopted by a family in Derbyshire, along with one of the other kittens.

He is doing “fantastic” and is “absolutely adorable and really good-natured” according to his new owners.

Litten has now been rehomed and renamed as Oreo.

“We are extremely grateful to the witnesses who contacted us, and got these kittens out of this situation despite the position that put them in,” said inspector Burris.

She added: “I was surprised how friendly Litten was when I first met him given the abuse he had suffered, he was so affectionate and loving and was rubbing his face against mine during his veterinary examination.

“I just knew he was going to make a perfect addition to any family.

“I am so happy that he has found a fantastic new home, with people who love him and are caring for him in the way he always should have been cared for. It could have been a very different outcome for him if we hadn’t been able to intervene when we did.”

Williamson was also ordered to pay £250 costs and a £120 victim surcharge.