Some of the restrictions in place at the Grimsby and Immingham tips have been lifted by North East Lincolnshire Council.
Under the terms of the coronavirus lockdown, householders can travel to a centre if the waste in their home presents a risk of injury or to the public health or the local environment. People are advised to only visit the tips if it is absolutely necessary.
Both centres are open from 8am to 6pm seven days a week and from Wednesday, May 13 most waste types and recyclable materials will be accepted.
The following restrictions will apply:
- Maximum of three types of waste and/or recyclable materials will be accepted at any one time
- Wood/MDF will only be accepted in a car
- Mattresses and bulky items such as sofas and bathroom suites will not be accepted
- Soil and rubble is a maximum of three bags per household per day
These restrictions will help reduce the time people are on site. It also stops people moving around the site to dispose of waste and recycling in different containers.
The below restrictions also remain in place at Immingham and Grimsby:
- No one in self-isolation or with coronavirus symptoms should visit the tips under any circumstances
- Only visit if it is absolutely necessary – store your waste and recycling at home if you can do it safely
- Stay two metres away from our staff and other visitors to the site
- Up to four cars on site at a time
- All waste and recycling must be brought to the site in a vehicle
- Only one visit per day
- Assistance will not be given by the site attendants – please only bring waste that you are able to handle safely yourself
- Maximum of two people in a vehicle
It will be a while before social distancing restrictions are lifted and people may have to queue before being allowed entry to the site.