June 9, 2014 7.26 am This story is over 86 months old

Two people taken to hospital after chip pan fire in Lincoln

Kitchen fire: Two people were treated for smoke inhalation at Lincoln County Hospital after a chip pan fire at a flat on Portland Street.

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation at Lincoln County Hospital after a chip pan fire at a flat on Portland Street.

Two fire crews were called to the kitchen fire at 7.12pm on Sunday, June 8. They used a hose reel and two breathing masks to extinguish the fire.

Five people were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation. Two of them were taken to Lincoln County Hospital for further treatment.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said the fire was caused by a chip pan left unattended.

There was severe fire damage to the kitchen and contents, with smoke damage to the rest of flat.

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.