November 30, 2014 8.25 am This story is over

Electrical fault causes fire above Lincoln shop

Fault fire: A fire in uphill Lincoln overnight was potentially caused by an electrical fault.

An electrical fault is believed to be the cause behind a fire in Lincoln in the early hours of November 30.

The incident was attended by fire crews from Lincoln and Saxilby stations at around 2am at a flat above the Grapevine Off Licence on Burton Road.

Four fire crews attended the blaze, alongside police and an ambulance.

The blaze was extinguished after crews forced their way into the property, using two hose reels, six breathing apparatus and Cobra equipment.

However, the first floor flat and its contents were damaged, but the shop below suffered minor fire damage.

No-one was seriously injured in the blaze.

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.