Candle causes damage in Lincoln bedroom fire

This story is over

Fire and rescue crews from Lincoln North and Lincoln South and paramedics were called to a bedroom fire on Baggholme Road in Lincoln – which was caused accidentally by a lit candle.

Emergency services were called at 8.21pm on Thursday, December 4 and alerted to the blaze.

Severe damage was caused to a desk when the fire was started by a lit candle. The room was also damaged by smoke and light smoke damage also occurred on the landing area of the residential property.

The fire was extinguished using two breathing apparatus and one hosereel.

One person was treated by paramedics at the scene.