The Lincoln Debate on May 4 attracted an audience of over 200 Lincoln voters, each armed with questions for five out of the six Lincoln MP candidates.
The candidates taking part in the 90-minute programme, which was streamed live on The Lincolnite, Lincolnshire Echo and BBC Radio Lincolnshire, were:
- Elaine Smith – Trade Unionist and Socialist Coalition candidate for Lincoln
- Lucy Rigby – Labour candidate for Lincoln
- Helen Powell – Lincolnshire Independents candidate for Lincoln
- Nick Smith – UK Independents Party candidate for Lincoln
- Ross Pepper – Liberal Democrats candidate for Lincoln
Karl McCartney, the Conservative MP candidate, declined the invitation to attend the debate, citing concerns over the date and location.