The 17-year-old boy who died in a fire which broke out on Monday December 21, has been named as Thomas Taylor.
The final stages of the formal identification process are now underway.
As previously reported, the fire at a magic shop on De Wint Avenue destroyed the property after neighbours heard loud explosions.
Police are not treating the incident as suspicious but investigations continue to take place at the house.
A fundraising page, set up by a friend of the Taylor family, has already seen many generous donations by the local population, totalling £8,500 at the time of writing.
DI Mark Blackbourn said: “My heart goes out to the family. It’s a tragic accident and to lose your son at any time of the year is terrible but then to lose him around Christmas time just seems to make things worse.
“The family are absolutely devastated. We’ve put measures in place to help them as best we can and we’re in contact with them as often as we can be.”