A man narrowly missed injured after a bin was set alight at the door of his property in Grimsby.
The incident happened at 10.15pm on Tuesday, November 22 on Stanage Walk.
A wheelie bin was pushed up against the door of a ground floor flat and set on fire which caused extensive damage to the door and bin.
The fire didn’t spread into the property and the man who lives in the address and was present at the time was unharmed.
Detective Chief Inspector Nicki Miller said: “Thankfully this incident didn’t result in any injuries to the occupant of the flat however it very easily could have done and we could have been dealing with something far worse than a bit of smoke damage.
“It simply isn’t acceptable to play with fire in this way and we are working closely with the Fire Service and the local authority to tackle the problem.
“If you have any information about who is responsible for this I’d urge you to call us on 101 referring to log 584 of November 22 or ring Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”