Servicemen from RAF Scampton and RAF Waddington marched through Lincoln on April 7 to celebrate the bestowing of the Freedom of the City.
The 98-strong RAF personnel commenced their parade in St Martin’s Square, made their way through the High Street and took a stop at the war memorial.
The parade then continued towards the Cornhill Quarter and through Sincil Street before stopping in City Square at around 12pm.
Hundreds of people turned out to see the men and women in full uniform, who were exercising their right to march through the city with colours flying, bayonets fixed and the band playing.
A spokesperson for RAF Scampton told The Lincolnite: “It is important for the local community to see the presence of the RAF.
“This is because we are a big part of the wider community.”
A spokesperson for RAF Waddington added: “RAF Waddington was granted the honour on April 25, 1959 and RAF Scampton received the honour on May 14, 1993.
“The granting of the Freedom of the City is entirely a ceremonial honour, but is the oldest and highest civic honour that can be bestowed on a military unit.”