Lincoln residents have spoken out at the first of three consultation events held over proposals to close the city’s only walk-in-centre.
Patients across the city attended the event at the Abbey Access Centre on Monks Road to air their views in response to an eight-week consultation on the future of the service.
Over 1,600 people have so far responded to the consultation survey online.
The CCG said many concerns raised have centralised over access to GPs and the likelihood of seven day a week access.
Sarah-Jane Mills, Chief Operating Officer at Lincolnshire West CCG said conversations with GPs are ongoing throughout the consultation.
The service – which costs £1 million a year to run and features a nurse-led team of 15 members of staff – saw around 34,000 patients in the last financial year.
Lincolnshire West CCG plans to replace the service, which currently runs between 8am and 8pm seven days a week, with extended GP opening hours in the city.
The CCG’s public consultation will run until Sunday, August 6. People can also make sure their voices are heard by attending drop-in events on Wednesday, June 28 (3pm – 5pm), and Thursday, June 29 (7pm – 9pm).
People can also email [email protected] or write to NHS Lincolnshire West Clinical Commissioning Group, Cross O’Cliff, Bracebridge Heath, Lincoln, LN4 2HN.
Union and campaign members have told The Lincolnite that a protest is in the process of being organised at the Lincoln County Hospital A&E department next month.
Tracey Harrison, spokesperson for Fighting For Life Lincolnshire and the Lincolnshire branch of Unison, said she is in talks with a number of unions and has invited local councillors and the city’s MP to attend.
More details about the protest will be confirmed at a later date.