Sincil Bank, home of Lincoln City FC, has been placed in the top 15 ‘most beautiful football stadiums in the UK’.
Placed at 14th in the UK, the Imps’ stadium is among the most beautiful with the likes of Anfield at 12th and Old Trafford at 3rd.
Taking the top spot, in the list created by ShortList, for the ‘most beautiful football stadium in the UK’s Craven Cottage, which is the home of Fulham.
Take a look at the full list of top 15 most beautiful football stadiums in the UK according to ShortList:
- Craven Cottage (Fulham)
- Villa Park (Aston Villa)
- Old Trafford (Manchester United)
- Adams Park (Wycombe Wanderers)
- The City Ground (Nottingham Forest)
- Bramall Lane (Sheffield United)
- St James’ Park (Newcastle United)
- Bootham Crescent (York City)
- Goodison Park (Everton)
- Blundell Park (Grimsby Town)
- The Millennium Stadium (Wales)
- Anfield (Liverpool)
- Caledonian Stadium (Inverness Caledonian Thistle)
- Sincil Bank (Lincoln City)
- The Kirklees Stadium (Huddersfield Town)
A spokesperson for ShortList said: “Come for the cathedral: stay for the football.
“That should be Lincoln’s motto, with Sincil Bank a lovely old stadium which has been the home of Lincoln City since 1895.
“It’s one of those cracking grounds which you wouldn’t even know was there, tucked away behind rows of terraced housing before – whoomph – there it is, with a lovely rural vista in the background.”