A Lincolnshire student has tragically died after collapsing at a 16-hour rave while on holiday in Spain.
Alex Masterton, 19, from Grimsby, was found unresponsive at the Elrow club event near Barcelona on Saturday, July 15.
He was treated by paramedics at the scene by died in hospital.
Alex had travelled to the seaside town of Salou with friends to attend the Elrow 7th anniversary show, described by organisers as “surreal madness” in blistering heat.
The King Edward Grammar School sixth form student in Louth had been due to study Biomedical Sciences at Newcastle University in September.
Paying tribute to him, the former King Edward Grammar School student’s headteacher James Lascelles said: “All of the staff and pupils at King Edward who knew and taught Alex were shocked and deeply saddened to hear of his passing at such a young age.
“Alex has been at King Edward’s since Year 7 and had just completed his final exams with us in Year 13 in preparation for a degree in Biomedical Sciences at Newcastle University.
“During his time with us Alex had grown and matured into a lovely lad with real personality.
“The Sixth Form Team and his teachers were fond of his positivity, warm smile and his sharp sense of humour.
“His loss will be deeply felt by those who taught him and amongst his friendship groups at King Edward’s.
“Our thoughts and prayers go out to his parents, family and friends and our pastoral team at King Edward’s, supported by the team at St James’ Church, stand ready to provide all and any assistance to his family and friends at this dreadful time.”
A Foreign and Commonwealth Office spokesman said: “Our staff are supporting the family of a British man who has died in Barcelona.
“They have offered advice on bereavement abroad and repatriation.”