With just five days to go until the first Scampton Airshow, organisers are making final preparations for the big day.
Over 25,000 people are expected to attend on both days this weekend. All hands are on deck to ensure everything runs smoothly for the first ever show.
We spoke to airshow CEO Andrew Armstrong and Assistant Chief Constable of Lincolnshire Police Shaun West ahead of the show:
To ensure you get the most out of the day, The Lincolnite has created the ultimate guide to the show:
Skip to section:
Lincolnshire’s new airshow at RAF Scampton, north of Lincoln, will take place on September 9 and September 10, 2017.
It will take place at the home of the Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team – The Red Arrows.
Access to the airshow can be made via the A15.
All Standard Admission ticket holders will have to use the free shuttle bus from the nearby Lincolnshire Showground.
Drivers arriving to the Lincolnshire Showground can follow the postcode LN2 2NA, which will get them to the general area. Local road restrictions will be in place around the immediate vicinity.
The event will be clearly signed for all traffic from Lincoln along two routes, North along the A15 and North West along the B1398 Middle Street.
Take the A156 Southbound until Marton, then taking a left turn onto the A1500. Pass through Sturton by Stow and, from this point, all routes will be clearly signed and attendees should follow the yellow signs at all times to their designated parking area.
Take the A158 towards Lincoln. Follow the Lincoln ring road from Wragby roundabout until the Riseholme Roundabout, turning right to follow the A15 North to the Lincolnshire Showground.
Organisers will be running a bus service from opposite Lincoln Central Station at a subsidised price of £3.
Parking will be available at Lincolnshire Showground for the show.
Car parking is free for admission ticket holders at the Lincolnshire Showground.
The car parks will be open from 7am.
There will be a shuttle bus transferring people from the Showground to the RAF base.
For those who have not yet bought tickets, admission tickets must be bought online in advance.
One day ticket prices:
- Saturday, September 9: £39.00
- Sunday, September 10: £39.00
Under 16s are free with every ticket holder.
To book online click here or call 01522 396 600 (8.30am – 5.30pm, Mon – Fri).
Scampton Airshow 2017 will feature a mix of modern military jets, historic warbirds, civilian display acts and the RAF Falcons.
Already confirmed for the five hour flying display are:
- Red Arrows
- RAF Typhoon
- Belgian F-16
- French Alpha Jet
- Breitling Wingwalkers
- Global Stars
- Gyro Air Displays
- P-51 Mustang
- Norwegian Air Force Historical Squadron Vampires
- Gazelle Squadron
- BAC Strikemasters
- Rich Goodwin Pitts Special
- RAF Falcons
- OV-10B Bronco
- Avro Anson
The airshow organiser conformed on September 5 that the BBMF Spitfire and Hurricane would be performing.
Confirmed static aircraft include:
- Canadian CF-18 Hornet
- Buccaneer S2B
- F-4F Phantom
- Hunter Mk.58
- Su-22M-4 ‘Fitter’
- Gazelle helicopter
- Dutch F-16 Fighting Falcons x2
- RAF Hawk T.1
- RAF Hawk T.2
- RAF King Air
- RAF Tornado x2
- RAF Tucano x2
- RAF Grob Tutor
- RAF Typhoon
A number of road closures will be in place from Tuesday, September 5 to Sunday, September 10. Restrictions will be implemented as and when required in each location during this period.
Road Closure Orders in place on:
- A15 (Closed Southbound only from A631 to Horncastle Lane), Caenby Corner/Grange De Lings
- A15 (Horncastle Lane to A46), Riseholme/Grange De Lings
- Horncastle Lane (Closed Westbound only from A46 to A15), Grange De Lings
- Riseholme Park (Closed at junction with A15), Riseholme
- Riseholme Lane (Closed at junction with A15), Riseholme
- Hall Lane (Closed at junction with A15), Grange De Lings
- A1500 Tillbridge Lane (B1398 to A15), Welton Cliff
- Main Street (Village Hall Access Road to A15), Hackthorn
- Old Ermine Street (A15 to Cliff Road), Hackthorn Cliff
- Heath Lane (A15 to Brink Hall Farm Access Road), Welton Cliff/Welton
- Middle Street (Ingham Lane to School Lane), Cammeringham/Brattleby
- Ingham Lane/AKA Cow Hill (B1398 to A15), Cammeringham
- Cammeringham Hill (Closed Eastbound only from B1398 to Middle Street), Cammeringham
- School Lane (Closed Eastbound only from B1398 to Middle Street), Brattleby
- Gibson Drive, Scampton
- Middle Street (No through road off High Street), Scampton
30mph Speed Limit Order in place on:
- A1500 Till Bridge Lane (From B1398 to A15), Scampton
No Right Turn Order in place on:
- Scampton Way onto A15 (except for buses)
- A15 onto Ermine Crescent
- Ermine Crescent onto A15
40mph Speed Limit Order in place on:
- A15 (Between Heath Lane & a point 1000 metres North), Scampton
No Waiting/No Loading At Any Time Order in place on:
- A15 (Showground Main Entrance Gate 1 to Saxby Cliff Road), Grange De Lings/Saxby
- B1398 (High Street to New Street) Fillingham/South Carlton
- Saxby Cliff Road (From A15 to a point 1100 metres East), Saxby
- Ingham Lane (A15 to B1398), Cammeringham
- Middle Street, Cammeringham
- School Lane, Brattleby
- Heath Lane (Cliff Road to A15), Welton Cliff/Welton
- Horncastle Lane, Grange De Lings
- A1500 Tillbridge Lane (A15 to B1241), Welton Cliff/Sturton By Stow
- Thorpe Lane (B1398 to a point 200 metres West), Brattleby
- Moor Lane, Aisthorpe
- Church Lane (Middle Street to Moor Lane), Aisthorpe
- Main Street (B1398 to Church Lane), North Carlton
Public Right Of Way (PROW) Closure Orders in place on:
- PROW 38 (From B1398, Aisthorpe to RAF Scampton Boundary)
- Scampton Viewpoint Car Park (Located Northwest of B1398/A1500 junction)
Local diversion routes and access arrangements will be signposted.