December 6, 2017 9.36 am This story is over 48 months old

Chimney spark causes fire which ravages farm house in Usselby

A devastating fire.

A fire caused by a chimney spark has devastated a farm house in Usselby north of Market Rasen.

Fire crews from Market Rasen, Caistor, Binbrook, Lincoln, and Louth were called to the blaze on Caistor Road at 8.05pm on Tuesday, December 5.

Severe damage was caused to the roof, first floor and 75% of the ground floor of the detached house.

The fire was extinguished using three jets, two hose reels and breathing apparatus.

There are no reports of any injuries.

A Lincolnshire Police spokesperson said: “We were informed by Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue that there was a fire at a farm and that we would be informed if there were suspicious circumstances. We have not been.”

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.