Boston
February 8, 2018 4.30 pm This story is over

Fire at Boston hospital caused by patient smoking in bed

It is believed to have happened on the seventh floor.

A man has reportedly been seriously injured following a fire at Boston Pilgrim Hospital after a patient was found smoking in bed.

The fire is believed to have happened on the seventh floor of Boston Pilgrim Hospital at around 7am on Thursday, February 8.

A United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust (ULHT) spokesperson told Lincolnshire Reporter that the blaze was caused by a patient smoking in bed, however could not confirm if a person had been injured.

However, BBC reported a man is being treated in intensive care after suffering severe burns in the fire.

United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust has now launched an investigation into the blaze.

Spotted an error? Please notify us by selecting that text and pressing Ctrl+Enter.